WaterRower Rowing Machine
Water Resistance Perfection
The WaterRower was invented by John Duke in 1988. The American rower developed the rowing machine’s easy function and timeless design from the basic idea, that dry land training should simulate the given conditions on water as closely as possible.
Timeless appeal and prestige: the WaterRower rowing machine received the PlusX Award for its unique design and was also the only piece of sports equipment on display at the Design Museum of London.
Connect, free of charge, with We-Row and race against other WaterRower owners. Or, if you prefer, set up your own private workout. You can access We-Row and store your data at any time, allowing you to chart your progress and also share with other users.
Functional design right down to the last detail
WaterRower rowing machines have been manufactured with the utmost care and passion for detail for more than 25 years. Our machines stand for design in your home interior, at the workplace and in the fitness studio.
Multi models - one technology
Various select woods and materials of identical, top quality
Choice of materials for your frame. WaterRower rowing machines are manufactured in solid ash, oak, cherry and walnut wood. Further models in stainless steel are also available. We ensure highest standard of quality on all models - regardless of whether intended use is in the home, rowing club or fitness studio.More
The WaterRower water resistance
Quiet and extremely effective
The heart of the WaterRower is its water tank and ergonomic paddle design.
This enables maximum stroke through water, resulting in an even, smooth and jerk-free resistance. Water resistance is self-determining, meaning it precisely adjusts to the individual movement and strength input of the rower.
In real rowing, the skiff moves through the water based on muscular strength input. Scullers experience water’s resistance with the pull of their oars. The WaterRower truly simulates the outdoor rowing experience through its use of water as resistance.
Advantages of water resistance:
- - pulling through water is gentle on your joints
- - the amount of resistance is 100% self-determining
- - training is calm and soothing, thanks to the pleasant, rhythmic swish of water
- - water will show no signs of wear and tear- it’s indestructable
The S4 - Performance Monitor
Your most important rowing data at a glance. Also compete online against other WaterRower owners using WeRow.
The S4 - Performance Monitor was specially designed for rowing training. During your workout, the following data will be displayed:
- · intensity (speed) in meters per second (m/s) or in miles per hour (mph)
- · 500m time or alternatively 2000m time (arbitrary)
- · energy (watt) and calorie consumption per hour
- · stroke (number of strokes per minute)
- · distance in km or m (user-defined)
- · time (user-defined)
- · heart rate (with receiver and chest belt)
- · zone training (total stroke count and time can be reviewed after workout)